MG2 is looking for talented Associate Principal to join our Irvine, CA office!
- Provide studio leadership for Irvine Client Programs Market
- Contribute to the strategic leadership of the Studio and Regional Practice.
- Serve as an ambassador for the firm by visibly leading internally and externally
- Play a large role in providing professional leadership and cultural identity to the firm
- Partner with Regional Practice / Market Leadership to secure contracts, financial performance of team, and payment for work performed
- Partner with Regional Practice / Market Leadership to pursue and win new work.
- Maintain and grow client relationships on projects and opportunities
- Own risk management for the studio by demonstrating strong understanding of contractual risks and successfully negotiating for firm’s interests
- Lead, mentor, and grow project managers and project staff
- Responsibility for staffing decisions for the studio
- Responsible for development of diverse project team.
- Ability to work with peers and project staff across multiple studios and regional practices
- Established credentials in the industry and be regarded as an emerging industry leader
- 15+ years, with majority of experience in commercial retail projects and at least 5 years team leadership.
- Exposure to leading and managing a portfolio of projects across all phases
- Ownership of client or account acquisition and leadership.
- Experience to bring in and close new business
- Demonstrated experience leading projects through all phases of project from feasibility/entitlements through documentation and construction administration.
- A passionate focus on effectively leading and advocating for others.
- Ability to balance business performance with architectural delivery.
- Ideally the candidate will thrive in a high-paced environment.
- Ability to approach situations as a creative and innovative problem solver.
- Desire to grow into an upbeat and inspirational leader.
- Open to diverse project solutions.
- Measured ability to manage change.
- Current architectural registration
- LEED or another sustainable accreditation preferred
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 48 years. We partner with companies around the world to provide emotive design solutions through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our partnerships with our clients and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
For three consecutive years, including 2019, MG2 has been recognized as one of the best 100 companies to work for by Business Magazine. At MG2, you will work together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. MG2 pursues clients who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We care about communities and devote resources to helping them thrive. At MG2 we know that it is our differences that make us stronger. We embrace diversity, welcoming talent from every walk of life. The more diverse our perspectives, the more innovative our design solutions.