MG2 is looking for a talented Building Performance Analyst to join our Seattle, WA office.
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 works together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. We actively pursue partners who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We deeply care about communities, and passionately devote resources to helping them thrive. MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out, and are proud to welcome talent from every walk of life. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger, but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.
MG2 is looking for a candidate with hands on experience in assisting the sustainable design process. With a focus on operating energy and embodied carbon, the Building Performance Analyst will be well versed in a variety of sustainable design tools/building performance tools needed to collect and interpret data collection for a variety of project types throughout the firm in pursuit of the AIA 2030 Commitment.
- 5 -8 years of experience in early energy / shoebox modeling or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering or related field.
- Licensed Architect preferred, or strong architectural background.
- Sustainable design or Energy Modeling credentials (LEED AP, Passive House Certified, BEMP, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with early design “Shoebox” energy modeling tools (Covetool, Insight 360, Equest, etc.).
- Working knowledge of current energy codes such as Title 24 and ASHRAE 90.1.
- Demonstrated understanding of building systems in envelope, lighting and HVAC.
- Demonstrated experience using life cycle analysis (LCA) tools (Tally, Athena, etc.) to calculate for embodied carbon.
- Demonstrated experience with daylight modeling, including lighting power density calculations.
- Working knowledge of the AIA 2030 Commitment
- Demonstrated strong communication skills.
- Support role for project development, including generating energy modeling data for a variety of projects throughout the firm.
- Interprets energy modeling data and offers sustainable design strategies to mitigate.
- Handles quality control of energy modeling data generated.
- May manage team of early energy modelers.
- Performs energy code research and applies code to projects.
- Applies modeling tool knowledge and energy reduction strategies to a variety of building types using early design “Shoebox” energy modeling tools (Covetool, Insight 360, Equest, etc.).
- Uses life cycle analysis (LCA) tools (Tally, Athena, etc.) to calculate for embodied carbon in a variety of projects.
- Provides daylight modeling, including lighting power density calculations.
- Effectively communicates with a cross section of project teams and firm leadership to improve building performance.
- Understands client goals and communicates sustainability strategies in ways client will accept.
- Demonstrates passion for staying on the cutting edge of sustainability strategies to lead into the future.
Models firm’s Core Values. We are Confident, Creative, Passionate, and Trusted. We generate Results.
- LEED point research or the equivalent
- One or more of Covetool, Insight 360, Equest, Tally, etc.
- Proficiency in BIM
- Basic understanding of energy codes and building systems
- Quality Control / Assurance review of energy models/ LCA calculations
- Integrating LEED matrix requirements into project documentation
- Understanding how BIM & CAD software impact the success of project implementation
- Understanding how to work within scope, fee, and workplan
- Quality assurance at a project level
- Mentoring and training
- Jurisdictional coordination
- Client coordination
- Budget coordination
- Basic people management