MG2 is seeking a talented Architect to join our Seattle office in our Client Programs Market!
At MG2, we value our employees with great benefits and worthwhile programs. We are proud of the many initiatives at MG2 such as our focus on Sustainability, our passion for Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, and our fifty-year anniversary celebration. We promote MG2 culture firmwide and within each of our offices through bi-weekly all-office meals, monthly recognition, happy hours, summer events, and an end of year Holiday Party to celebrate our accomplishments. People make the place at MG2 – Join our growing firm today!
As our Client Leader, you will be in daily direct client contact in which you will lead the Building Design & Project Entitlements process for several projects including new warehouse locations, building additions, and remodels. You will be working in our Client Programs (CP) Market, where you will have the unique opportunity to work on global and national building programs with a focus on project and client leadership through all phases of design and delivery. Every day you will act as the project leader, serve as the client single point-of-contact, and collaborate directly with the consultant team, while facilitating multiple projects through the pre-design, due diligence, space planning, budgeting, building design, and the project approvals process. To thrive you must have a strong competency in architectural building design, site planning, interior retail space planning, jurisdictional codes, sustainable practices, public presentations, and risk mitigation.
What your day will look like:
- Leads and manages both the client and project teams through the overall project development process from project conception phase through the design phases (PD,SD,DD) and continues to actively collaborate with the delivery project manager from construction documents through construction administration, reporting to the client the project status throughout the life of the project.
- Leads the architectural building design process. Engages the design team, communicates the AHJ and client design expectations and assures the quality of the deliverables to the client.
- Handles Quality Control of project documents. Is responsible for the deliverables to the client or AHJ.
- Participates in construction costing, scheduling, and phasing with our internal Cost Management team, the general contractor and the client’s real estate and construction departments.
- Directly negotiates with the client any scope change and additional services as required.
- Is responsible for the project financials including invoice review and tracks progress in collections and communicates with client as necessary to collect any aging invoices.
- Leads client & consultant communication and can speak with confidence and knowledge about the drawings and deliverables.
- Focuses on team ownership and accountability of projects as well as team dynamics so as to grow communication proficiency with leadership team, client, and project team.
- Ensures projects begin with a project plan, overall schedule and budget work plan in place.
- Ensures clear milestones are established, communicated regularly with the client through weekly project status updates and results are achieved by the project team.
- Actively engages in mentoring and apprenticeship opportunities and encourages the development of the junior staff. Always working to share their expertise and explain the ‘why’ to colleagues.
- Travel (1-2-day trips) will be required for attendance at site meetings and presentations to various state and local jurisdictions.
- Maintains consistent rigor around client and team communications. Holds regular meetings with the client and project teams to assure clarity of scope, that the schedule is being met and the deliverables are of a high quality.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree of Architecture preferred
- Architectural licensure preferred
- 8+ years of architectural & project design management
- Ability to travel, typically(1-2 day trips) will be required for attendance at site meetings and presentations to various state & local jurisdictions
- Proven ability and confidence in being client facing and leading the project team including outside consultants and partners
- A persistent problem-solver with a value-added practice approach
- Ability to serve as a positive influencer who inspires and motivates the team
- Entrepreneurial, outgoing personality, confident, a people person with compelling management & design acumen
- Portfolio of recent built work and projects
- Guiding projects through the jurisdictional architectural design approvals process including jurisdictional hearings and community meetings. You will be attending and presenting the project design to community groups and jurisdictional boards.
- Effective people, interpersonal and conflict management skills. Comfortable speaking in front of both small and large groups of people about the project.
- A well-rounded fundamental comprehension of architectural building design, retail interior space planning, engineering, construction & sustainability practices.
- Ability to research codes, ordinances and other jurisdictional requirements for a property and apply them to the design of a project.
- Ability to manage project priorities, risks and to identify issues and proactively facilitate solutions to resolve them.
- Ability to manage project scope, service fee agreements, schedule and communicate that to the project team.
- Must be a driven and results-oriented professional that is comfortable in a decision-making role.
- Exhibits MG2 Practice Values of Integrated Approach, Design Excellence, Social Responsibility, Leadership, and Results.
MG2 Benefits & Salary
MG2 offers competitive benefits that support our employees in their life and career. This position is eligible for company benefits including but not limited to:
- Employer provided employee healthcare plan and reduced cost premium plans, life insurance, and short and long-term disability coverage
- Paid Time Off, 9 paid Holidays, and an additional Floating Holiday
- Employer sponsored Family Planning Program and employer Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Career Development opportunities
- Employee Wellness and Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401K program including eligible company match percentage, after waiting period
…and many other additional voluntary benefits!
No specified closing date; applications accepted until position is filled.
National Salary Ranges:
- Associate 5 (Minimum 15 years of Architecture experience, domestic experience preferred): $91,000 – $149,000
If position is eligible for remote status, ranges may be adjusted. Acknowledging the time employees typically spend in the role, compensation is dependent on applicable years of experience and skillset.
About MG2Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out Diverse talent that enrichens our work and our culture. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.