MG2 is seeking a talented Contract Specialist to join our Seattle office in our Contract Services Team!
At MG2, we value our employees with great benefits and worthwhile programs. We are proud of the many initiatives at MG2 such as our focus on Sustainability, our passion for Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, and our fifty-year anniversary celebration. We promote MG2 culture firmwide and within each of our offices through bi-weekly all-office meals, monthly recognition, happy hours, summer events, and an end of year Holiday Party to celebrate our accomplishments. People make the place at MG2 – Join our growing firm today!
The Contract Specialist reviews, prepares and processes Architectural & Engineering contracts for internal partners and clients. Every day you will be responsible for successful management and execution of proposals and contracts for multiple markets, ensuring accuracy, quality, and compliance. To thrive, you must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to develop positive relationships with Contracts Services Manager, Senior Leadership, Project Teams, Clients and Consultants.
What your day will look like:
- Provide full life cycle strategic contracts administration support to internal and external clients
- Prepare and manage all client and consultant contracts including, but not limited to amendments, proposals, and other project related documents
- Analyze all requirements and provisions in contracts to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations and company policies
- Provide guidance to project team members on contractual terms and conditions, as well as internal policies and procedures
- Work with Project Managers and other internal and/or external customers to ensure contractual issues and other assigned tasks are handled in a timely manner
- Collaborate and partner with Project Manager, Project Accountant, Project Administrators and other cross functional teams as required
- Maintain excellent working relationships with internal and/or external clients to ensure their needs are met
- Assist with project closeout responsibilities and archiving
- Superior interpersonal skills with demonstrated teaming ability to work well with peers, all levels of management, and external resources in a virtual team environment
- Ability to think critically, problem solve and work independently.
- Assist Contracts Services Manager with process improvement and automation ideas that would improve MG2’s business practices
- Support department-wide efforts to organize, manage, and archive contracts and agreement templates.
- Creates or modifies training materials and mentors developing professional-level positions
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Bachelor’s Degree in contracts management, business administration, public administration, construction, or closely related field and 5-7 years of experience in contracts services work; Or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Contracts administration experience, preferably in Architectural & Engineering contracts to analyze all requirements and provisions in contracts, including terms and conditions, to ensure compliance with all laws, regulations, company policies, procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge using multiple software applications pertinent to assigned job functions including Microsoft Office Suite, Smartsheet and electronic document handling.
- Demonstrate intermediate understanding of industry principles, concepts, practices and standards of contracts administration.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, analyze situations, identify problems, and recommend solutions
- Possesses superior organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with shifting deadlines
- Exemplify a strong attention to detail
- Capable of professionally managing confidential information
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a team environment and display professionalism
- Passion for iterating changes that improve workflow efficiencies
- Exhibits MG2 Practice Values of Integrated Approach, Design Excellence, Social Responsibility, Leadership, and Results.
MG2 Benefits & Salary
MG2 offers competitive benefits that support our employees in their life and career. This position is eligible for company benefits including but not limited to:
- Employer provided employee healthcare plan and reduced cost premium plans, life insurance, and short and long-term disability coverage
- Paid Time Off, 9 paid Holidays, and an additional Floating Holiday
- Employer sponsored Family Planning Program and employer Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Career Development opportunities
- Employee Wellness and Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401K program including eligible company match percentage, after waiting period
…and many other additional voluntary benefits!
National Salary Range: $56,100 – $83,300
If position is eligible for remote status, ranges may be adjusted.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out Diverse talent that enrichens our work and our culture. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.