MG2 is looking for a talented Contracts Services Manager to join our Seattle, WA office.
Our Shared Services department is seeking a Contract Services Manager to manage a distributed team of professionals processing Architectural & Engineering contracts. Our goal is to deliver excellent contract administration services to our internal partners and clients, and we seek a results-oriented individual with a passion for building a best in class operation.
The Contracts Services Manager is responsible for ownership of MG2’s contracts services team and program. The role works with Contracts Specialists, Principals, and business development teams to identify and mitigate company risk, add continuous improvements to business process flow, and support the contracts process firmwide. With many resources touching the contracting process, it is imperative that this role is a strong communicator with a passion for project management. Key to building a new kind of service will be the ability to problem solve around bottlenecks and then use those discoveries and solutions to improve the overall program. Assessment of all contracting risk and complexities is ongoing and requires regular communication to all stake holders.
- Work efficiently with a client-service focus in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Lead and guide resources in the review of contracts and exhibits for the following:
- High-risk terms
- Special or unusual provisions
- Compliance with appropriate laws and regulations
- Adherence to company policies
- Identify terms that affect our schedule and estimate and notify the team.
- Negotiate, author, execute, manage contract / agreements while gaining subject matter expertise in MG2 contract typology and standard expectations
- Assist in development of architectural and consultant scope of work services in conjunction with Account and Project Managers
- Coordinate with Contract Specialists to draft final contracts and attachments/exhibits
- Troubleshoot contract related problems and consult with legal counsel when appropriate.
- Assist in management of contract repository, and compliance with existing contract terms and conditions, to determine necessity for additional services/amendments.
- Monitor all contract deadlines and conditions to make sure all contracts are completed.
- Ability to effectively collaborate cross-functionally across teams with a team attitude that no job is too big or too small.
- Build and maintain business relationships with Principals, Account and Project Managers, Contract Specialists, Clients and Consultants.
- Train, counsel and provide guidance in a consultative manner to management, to account managers, to the distributed contracts services team, as well as onboarding of new team members as needed.
- Superior interpersonal skills with demonstrated teaming ability to work well with peers, all levels of management, and external resources in a virtual team environment.
- Ownership of the Contract Management System and all future iterations and releases as a primary stakeholder with the Information Technology team.
- Create ongoing collaborations that harness the subject matter expertise of multiple teams to make the contracts process intuitive & easy to navigate for our business partners.
- Develop templates with MG2’s Project Accountants that can effectively capture known and new iterations of client specific contract information that may impact billing processes.
- Assist in management and maintenance of company’s standard contract templates that streamline the contracting process, reduce friction with customer, while mitigating risk for the company.
- Talent for thinking outside of the box in confronting new issues and pursuing novel approaches to old problems.
Models firm’s Core Values. We are Confident, Creative, Passionate, and Trusted. We generate Results.
- 5-7 years’ contracting experience in Architecture, Engineering, Construction (AEC) industry preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge using software applications pertinent to assigned job functions including Microsoft Office Suite, Smartsheet and electronic document handling.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret legal documents.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate good understanding of industry principles, concepts, practices and standards of contract administration.
- Ability to provide appropriate and timely communication to stakeholders on task status.
- Ability to be action-oriented, self-motivated individual who can efficiently manage time, multi-task, and prioritize activities on regular basis.
- Passion for iterating changes that improve workflow efficiencies
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 works together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. We actively pursue partners who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We deeply care about communities, and passionately devote resources to helping them thrive. MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out, and are proud to welcome talent from every walk of life. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger, but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.