MG2 is looking for a talented Contracts Specialist to join our Seattle, WA office.
MG2’s Shared Services department is seeking a Contract Specialist to prepare and process Architectural & Engineering contracts. Our goal is to deliver excellent contract administration services to our internal partners and clients. We seek a results-oriented individual with a passion for building a best in class operation.
The Contracts Specialist is responsible for successful management and execution of proposals and contracts on behalf of the Contract Services team, ensuring accuracy, quality and compliance. Specialist must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to develop positive relationships with Contract Services Manager, Senior Leadership, Project Teams, Clients and Consultants.
- Facilitate project set up and project number requests
- Prepare and manage all client and consultant contracts including, but not limited to amendments, proposals, real estate agreements and project related documents
- Responsible for contract review, formatting, and obtaining manager’s approval
- Manage and execute all contract requests distributed through contract workflow and MG2 Contract Management System workflow
- Coordinate and review client-generated contracts to ensure that the contract is in accordance with the terms and conditions of both parties
- Collaborate with Project Manager and Project Accountant with billing process and track project budget
- Process change orders, utilizing special software if applicable
- Compose and review language of contracts to meet MG2 standards
- Provide Project Managers and Principals with updated status of pending contracts
- Responds to internal and external correspondence in timely manner
- Maintain and organize contracts and project files
- Coordinate and process project closeout and archiving utilizing Project Closeout Tool
- Serves as a liaison between MG2 and clients / consultants, when appropriate
- Prepares and print reports
- Superior interpersonal skills with demonstrated teaming ability to work well with peers, all levels of management, and external resources in a virtual team environment.
Models firm’s Core Values. We are Confident, Creative, Passionate, and Trusted. We generate Results.
- 5-7 years’ contracting experience in Architecture, Engineering, Construction (AEC) industry preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge using software applications pertinent to assigned job functions including Microsoft Office Suite, Smartsheet and electronic document handling.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret legal documents.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate good understanding of industry principles, concepts, practices and standards of contract administration.
- Ability to provide appropriate and timely communication to stakeholders on task status.
- Ability to be action-oriented, self-motivated individual who can efficiently manage time, multi-task, and prioritize activities on regular basis.
- Passion for iterating changes that improve workflow efficiencies
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 works together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. We actively pursue partners who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We deeply care about communities, and passionately devote resources to helping them thrive. MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out, and are proud to welcome talent from every walk of life. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger, but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.