MG2 is seeking a talented Cost Estimator to join our Washington, D.C. office in our Client Programs Market!
At MG2, we value our employees with great benefits and worthwhile programs. We are proud of the many initiatives at MG2 such as our focus on Sustainability, our passion for Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, and our fifty-year anniversary celebration. We promote MG2 culture firmwide and within each of our offices through bi-weekly all-office meals, monthly recognition, happy hours, summer events, and an end of year Holiday Party to celebrate our accomplishments. People make the place at MG2 – Join our growing firm today!
As our Cost Estimator, you will support the senior staff in all project related tasks such as comparisons, material and labor investigations, and other pricing needs and requirements. You will be working in our Client Programs (CP) Market, where you will have the unique opportunity to work on global and national building programs with a focus on project and client leadership through all phases of design and delivery. Every day you will prepare conceptual, schematic, and design development estimates, perform quantity surveys and provide value engineering suggestions to team during estimation process. To thrive you must have commercial construction estimating experience and understanding of architecture and construction.
What your day will look like:
- Performs detailed takeoffs of materials and trades for all CSI divisions as required to complete estimates and to support senior staff.
- Prepares labor, material, and equipment pricing research and applies to estimates.
- Provides conceptual, preliminary, schematic, and design development estimates for new construction, remodels, small infrastructure type projects. Expected to provide detailed breakdowns for all major CSI divisions.
- Prepare detailed narratives for estimates to convey scope of work to client.
- Review estimates with Senior staff for comments and QA.
- Supports the team in all project related tasks such as comparisons, material and labor investigations, and other pricing needs and requirements.
- Provides impromptu spreadsheets and cost comparisons at the client’s request
- Updates Cost Management’s historical database
- Performs bid review
- Perform change order review
- Meet with project managers, consultants, and clients as required to acquire necessary information for estimates, bids, and budgets. This would include drawings, specifications, reports, clarification of scope etc.
- Provide value engineering suggestions to team during the estimation process.
- Visits building sites for clients as required.
- Attends client team management and project kickoff meetings as required
- Attends all Cost Management team meetings or functions as required
- Produces accurate and consistent work
- Adheres to assigned schedule
- Monitors time spent on all projects to ensure profitability and efficiency
- Updates Cost Management’s historical database
We’re looking for someone who:
- Minimum of 5 years construction estimating experience
- Experience within commercial construction industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field
- Demonstrates an understanding of architecture and construction
- Exhibits MG2 Practice Values of Integrated Approach, Design Excellence, Social Responsibility, Leadership, and Results.
MG2 Benefits & Salary
MG2 offers competitive benefits that support our employees in their life and career. This position is eligible for company benefits including but not limited to:
- Employer provided employee healthcare plan and reduced cost premium plans, life insurance, and short and long-term disability coverage
- Paid Time Off, 9 paid Holidays, and an additional Floating Holiday
- Employer sponsored Family Planning Program and employer Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Career Development opportunities
- Employee Wellness and Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401K program including eligible company match percentage, after waiting period
…and many other additional voluntary benefits!
National Salary Range: $78,700 – $133,700
If position is eligible for remote status, ranges may be adjusted. Acknowledging the time employees typically spend in the role, compensation is dependent on applicable years of experience and skillset.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out Diverse talent that enrichens our work and our culture. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.