MG2 is looking for a talented Design & Entitlements Project Manager to join our Irvine, CA office!
The Design & Entitlements Project Manager will lead clients through the entitlement process, coordinate the site and building design, and prepare planning submittal sets. Qualified candidates will have an understanding of the architecture design process from concept design to construction. They will have demonstrated ability to prepare conceptual site plans and building elevations for retail or other commercial projects. This role will include providing due diligence / feasibility reports, determining land use requirements, and coordinating with state and local agencies.
- Manages overall project development with limited support and oversight
- Manages client and consultants from pre-design and entitlements phase to securing planning permit
- Prepares concept site plans and design alternatives via hand sketch or design software
- Leads client communication at project level as required
- Manages project delivery team against budget and schedule
- Manages contract fee, scope, and schedule
- Reviews and issues invoices and tracks progress in collections
- Participates in pre-construction coordination with contractor and estimating team
- Prepares project and budget work plan
- Engages in mentoring and apprenticeship opportunities and encourages learning culture
Models firm’s Core Values. We are Confident, Creative, Passionate, and Trusted. We generate Results.
- Minimum of 10 – 15 years of experience in architecture, planning or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, land planning / real estate, urban design or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and client communication
- Licensed architect or certified planner, preferred
- LEED AP or equivalent, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage project risk
- Demonstrated ability to manage project scope, fee, and schedule
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel and Bluebeam
- Current involvement with external community or professional organizations
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 works together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. We actively pursue partners who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We deeply care about communities, and passionately devote resources to helping them thrive. MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out, and are proud to welcome talent from every walk of life. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger, but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.