MG2 is looking for a talented Design Lab Coordinator to join our Seattle, WA office.
We are looking for an innovative, resourceful designer to lead our MG2 Design Lab – our central resource for materiality, education, vendor connections, and more.
The Design Lab Coordinator will be responsible for leading our physical and digital material libraries, vendor relationships, and supporting our teams in materials sourcing. This position reports to our Materials and Sustainability Specialist, who will support the coordinator in strategy and direction for the Design Lab.
This is a fast-paced position that interfaces with all markets and studios at MG2.
Design Lab Maintenance
- Progress our state-of-the-art Lab space.
- Serve as resource for colleagues with urgent questions or last-minute needs.
- Direct the routine maintenance of the Design Lab space.
- Create inspirational product displays.
- Curate vendors and sources.
Digital Library Maintenance
- Work with Materials Specialist in reviewing and filtering new leads for products, vendors, and services that are sent over by any person in the firm.
- Maintain vendor communications of new products and services and communicating those out to larger firm or relevant teams, as needed.
- Maintain vendor contact updates for vendors, existing and new.
Vendor Relationships/ Product Introductions
- Meet and greet new and existing vendors.
- Schedule visits to the firm for new products and presentations.
- Schedule Accredited CEU classes
- Coordinate facilities/showrooms/manufacturing tours.
- Plan cultural events for the firm that the vendors offer – like watercolor classes, pasta-making classes, etc.
MG2 Team Support
- Assist with project related research – sourcing, sampling, pricing.
- Work with Materials Specialist to complete specific project related tasks around materiality.
- Actively pursue sustainability education with a focus on materials.
- Greater Design Community Presence
- Maintain firm’s presence in the greater Seattle design community with outside and after work events.
Models firm’s Core Values. We are Confident, Creative, Passionate, and Trusted. We generate Results.
- Accredited degree in Interior Design and/or Architecture
- 2-5 years of related interior design / materials sourcing experience
- Certified or licensed professional preferred
- LEED, WELL, or FITWEL accreditation preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office preferred.
- Demonstrated passion for materials, sourcing, education and organization.
- Excellent written, verbal, and graphic communication skills, including storytelling and product presentations.
- Experience with furniture and material specifications and/or the purchasing process of FF&E a plus.
- Passion and ability to collaborate with a wide variety of project team including clients, consultants, and vendors
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated motivation in seeking new responsibilities and challenges.
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 works together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. We actively pursue partners who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We deeply care about communities, and passionately devote resources to helping them thrive. MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out, and are proud to welcome talent from every walk of life. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger, but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.