MG2 is seeking a talented HR Business Partner (Temporary) to join our Seattle office in our HR Team!
At MG2, we value our employees with great benefits and worthwhile programs. We are proud of the many initiatives at MG2 such as our focus on Sustainability, our passion for Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, and our fifty-year anniversary celebration. We promote MG2 culture firmwide and within each of our offices through bi-weekly all-office meals, monthly recognition, happy hours, summer events, and an end of year Holiday Party to celebrate our accomplishments. People make the place at MG2 – Join our growing firm today!
This is a temporary role that will last approximately 6 months.
As our Temporary HR Business Partner, you will partner with our Operations Departments acting as a consultant for leadership on all issues related to Human Resources. You will be supporting our Operations Teams and focusing on organizational development that directly contributes to the success of our business. Every day you will support HR ROB processes such as our year-end process, performance management, and continuously improving our HR processes. You should be a proactive communicator and change agent, know how to ‘manage up’, and be someone who can successfully balance employee needs with business objectives to create timely integrated solutions. To thrive you must be experienced with annual performance cycle processing, employee relations, and working within a fast-paced work environment.
What your day will look like:
- Consult and support business leaders on strategic workforce planning and engagement; change management; employee relations, conflict resolution & mediation, coaching, performance management; compensation planning; employee, team, and leadership development; succession and career management; recruitment strategies, onboarding/offboarding and talent planning.
- Coach and advise leaders on team, studio, and organizational performance and development.
- Partner with HR team, including recruiting to create, deliver, and innovate process improvements, policies, procedures, and other HR initiatives. Utilize data driven decision making to deliver transformational HR services.
- Coach, empower and mentor HR department. Simplify, standardize and automate processes where possible. Provide support, encouragement and guidance on best practices, recommended business approaches, process and department changes, and new tools.
- Develop a strong understanding of leadership, the markets, operational teams, hierarchy, the architectural delivery process, and MG2’s culture / workstyle to best identify process improvements and areas where HR can align strategically with business to accomplish goals.
- Employee Relations: Provide guidance, direction, and facilitate employee relations issues for client groups. Build consultative, collaborative relationships at all levels, and assist in strategic HR discussions with managers and leaders.
- Collaborate and advise in recruiting matters concerning background checks, credit checks, making FLSA assessments/determinations, rescinding offers, process improvement and best practices, and provide guidance and clarity to HR team members.
- Oversee candidate compensation offer process, approves offers, and appropriate benefit package of new hires in assigned markets. Provide guidance and oversight on rescinding offers, as needed.
- Prepare and approve spot bonuses, oversee and approve recruiting referral bonus amount and licensure bonus amounts in conjunction with market leads, HR Coordinator, and Payroll.
- Conduct internal investigations, provide guidance and assist with disciplinary actions including performance improvement plans and involuntary terminations. Move issues to resolution quickly.
- Oversee preparation of separation documents, partners with Payroll & Benefits and HRG to prepare and pay separation pay packages as appropriate. May liaison with 3rd party legal representation, and or other support resources to help resolve employee matters of significance, as necessary.
- HR Operations: Support key department ROB processes such as the mid and annual performance management cycle, goal setting, employment law compliance, policy development and updates, compensation survey reviews, leveling, and new salary range evaluations.
- Develops, oversees and maintains HR content of internal and external HR communications, including internal intranet, memos, reports and dashboards.
- Provide general HR Coordinator onboarding guidance in conjunction with Shared Services coordinator. Oversees and approves HR Coordinator life cycle change form processing.
- Oversee HR Generalist processing for employees and managers through leaves of absence, FMLA, state leave, STD, LTD, and workers’ comp claims and provide process support and general guidance.
- Oversee HR Generalist compliance reporting, reporting and audits.
- Act as liaison between the firm and immigration lawyers for temporary employment visas and PERM applications, as needed.
- May support mergers and acquisitions integration, as needed.
- Partner with Payroll & Benefits on HRIS tracking and coordination systems, process and process improvement, platform analysis, audit coordination, policy and handbook collaboration.
- Analyze, evaluate, and classify new and existing positions, analyze department leveling to ensure proper department structure.
- Prepare Independent Contractor Agreements for employees moving to contract.
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion: Drive equitable practices across HR functions and throughout the organization by implementation of the MG2 EDI initiative, multi-year plan rollout.
- Training & Development: Oversee onboarding training and development programs in conjunction and in partnership with other departments and markets. Partner with HR team, market leads, and other firm leadership to continually develop employee expertise and talent to meet the needs of staff and the organization.
- May have supervisory or backup supervisory responsibilities.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in HR, specifically in employee relations, change management, and / or training and development.
- Associate degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Professional HR certification preferred.
- Experience in a professional AEC services, tech, or start-up environment strongly preferred.
- May include travel to our offsite offices on occasion, less than 10%.
- Results orientated and the demonstrated ability to work quickly in a fast-paced and, at times, ambiguous environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation delivery communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable local/state/federal regulations
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to support and engage remote client groups
- Microsoft Office proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to manage time efficiently and adhere to identified deadlines
- Exhibits MG2 Practice Values of Integrated Approach, Design Excellence, Social Responsibility, Leadership, and Results.
MG2 Benefits & Salary
MG2 offers competitive benefits that support our employees in their life and career. This position is eligible for company benefits including but not limited to:
- Employer provided employee healthcare plan and reduced cost premium plans, life insurance, and short and long-term disability coverage
- Paid Time Off, 9 paid Holidays, and an additional Floating Holiday
- Employer sponsored Family Planning Program and employer Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Career Development opportunities
- Employee Wellness and Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401K program including eligible company match percentage, after waiting period
…and many other additional voluntary benefits!
National Salary Range: $93,000 – $128,600
If position is eligible for remote status, ranges may be adjusted. Acknowledging the time employees typically spend in the role, compensation is dependent on applicable years of experience and skillset. This position is located in our Seattle office, and the Seattle salary range for this role is $96,300 – $120,400.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out Diverse talent that enrichens our work and our culture. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.