MG2 is looking for a personable, experienced Human Resources Business Partner to join our Seattle, WA office!
MG2’s COVID office protocol requires that employees must be fully vaccinated to work in the office and to have in-person contact with employees or clients. An essential function of this position will include working in-office and/or in-person contact with employees or clients, which will require COVID-19 vaccination. When applying to this position, we will confirm that you can fulfill this essential function prior to next steps.
In this position, the HR Business Partner will primarily act as a consultant for Professional Services leadership/management on all issues related to human resources and will be typically assigned a specific market to support. Ability to build trusting relationships is imperative to success, as is ability to accept decision making from the business leadership. You should be a proactive communicator and change agent, comfortable acting as advisor and not policy enforcer, know how to ‘manage up’, as well as be someone who can successfully balance employee needs with business objectives to create integrated solutions.
- Consult and support business leaders on strategic workforce planning and engagement, recruitment and sourcing strategies, onboarding/offboarding, employee relations, performance management, compensation planning, employee, team and leadership development, succession and career management, and talent planning.
- Coach and advise leaders on team, studio, and organizational performance and development.
- Partner with HR team, including recruiting to create, deliver, and innovate process improvements, policies, procedures, and other HR initiatives. Utilize data driven decision making to deliver transformational HR.
- Coach, empower and mentor HR department. Simplify, standardize and automate processes where possible. Provide support, encouragement and guidance on best practices / approaches, changes, and new tools.
- Develop a strong understanding of leadership, the markets, operational teams, hierarchy, the architectural delivery process, and MG2’s culture / workstyle to best identify process improvements and areas where HR can align strategically to accomplish goals.
- Employee Relations: Provide guidance, direction, and facilitate employee relations issues for client groups. Build consultative, collaborative relationships at all levels, and assist in strategic HR discussions with managers and leaders.
- Collaborate and advise in recruiting matters concerning background checks, credit checks, making FLSA assessments/determinations, rescinding offers, process improvement and best practices, and provide guidance and clarity to HR team members.
- Oversee candidate compensation offer process, approved offers and appropriate benefit package for new hires in assigned markets. Provide guidance and oversight on rescinding offers, as needed.
- Prepare and approve spot bonuses, oversee and approve recruiting referral bonus amount and licensure bonus amounts in conjunction with market leads, HR Coordinator, and Payroll.
- Conduct internal investigations, provide guidance and assist with disciplinary actions including performance improvement plans and involuntary terminations. Prepare severance packages as appropriate. May liaison with 3rd party legal representation, and or other support resources to help resolve employee matters of significance, as necessary.
- HR Operations: Support key department ROB processes such as the annual performance management cycle, goal setting, employment law compliance, policy development and updates, compensation survey reviews and new salary range evaluations.
- Develops, oversees and maintains content of internal and external HR communications, including internal intranet, reports and dashboards.
- Provide general HR Coordinator onboarding guidance in conjunction with Shared Services coordinator.
- Oversees and approves HR Coordinator life cycle change form processing.
- Oversee HR Generalist processing for employees and managers through leaves of absence, FMLA, state leave, STD, LTD, and workers’ comp claims and provide process support and general guidance.
- Oversee HR Generalist compliance reporting, reporting and audits.
- Act as liaison between the firm and immigration lawyers for temporary employment visas and PERM applications, as needed.
- May support mergers and acquisitions integration, as needed.
- Partner with Payroll & Benefits on HRIS tracking and coordination, process improvement, platform analysis, audit coordination, and general collaboration.
- Analyze, evaluate, and classify new and existing positions, analyze department leveling to ensure proper department structure.
- Prepare Independent Contractor Agreements for employees moving to contract.
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion: Drive equitable practices across HR functions and throughout the organization by implementation of the MG2 EDI initiative, multi-year plan rollout.
- Training & Development: Oversee onboarding training and development programs in conjunction and in partnership with other departments and markets. Partner with HR team, market leads, and other firm leadership to continually develop employee expertise and talent to meet the needs of staff and the organization.
- May have supervisory or backup supervisory responsibilities.
- At least ten years’ experience in HR, specifically in employee relations, recruitment, and / or training and development.
- Associate degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Professional HR certification preferred.
- Experience in a professional services environment preferred.
- Must have the ability to travel to our offsite offices at least once per quarter
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and, at times, ambiguous environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable local/state/federal regulations
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to support and engage remote client groups
- Microsoft Office proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to manage time efficiently and adhere to identified deadlines
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 works together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. We actively pursue partners who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We deeply care about communities, and passionately devote resources to helping them thrive. MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out, and are proud to welcome talent from every walk of life. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger, but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.