MG2 is looking for a talented Human Resources Coordinator to join our Seattle, WA office.
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 works together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. We actively pursue partners who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We deeply care about communities, and passionately devote resources to helping them thrive. MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out, and are proud to welcome talent from every walk of life. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger, but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.
The Human Resources Coordinator provides front-line HR and recruitment service to internal and external customers, responding to inquiries, participating across stages of recruitment, and administering regular and ad hoc human resources processes.
- Minimum of 2 years’ administrative experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ customer service experience
- At least 1 year of experience working in human resources preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field preferred
- WA state driver’s license
General Customer Service and Operations
- Responds to internal and external employment-related inquiries (employee questions, candidate inquiries, verifications of employment, etc.)
- Maintains a high standard of confidentiality with all employee information, records, and situations
- Owns administrative responsibilities of the Shared Services HR function including filing, meeting coordination, mailing, tracking, intranet content management, ordering flowers, etc.
- Processes employee life-cycle changes including, but not limited to new employees, transfers, certification and licensure achievement, compensation changes, promotions, and terminations
- Audits employee files, HRIS entries, and processes (i.e. performance reviews, employment law posters, etc.) to ensure accuracy and timely completion
- Generates and distributes monthly and ad hoc reports
- Continually looks for opportunities to improves processes, and writes and maintains documentation of step-by-step instructions for all responsibilities
Recruiting and Hiring Coordination
- Assists in the Recruitment function by scheduling and setting up interviews
- Coordinates travel for interview candidates
- Assisting in new employee onboarding, including background screening, coordinating facilities and equipment for employee arrival, scheduling orientation, completing new hire paperwork and I-9 verification, scheduling compliance training, and facilitating new hire tours
- Participates in planning and coordination of summer internship program
- Assists with career fair preparation and coordination
- Coordinates, schedules, communicates, sets up, and tracks attendance for regular learning opportunities, including Hour with an Expert (HWAE), Design Thursdays, Lunch & Learns, etc.
- Reviews and processes employee training requests, assisting with registration for offsite training courses, seminars, and conferences
- Maintains Learning Management System (LMS) and partners with HR Specialist to continually improve user experience
- Coordinates and schedules leadership program meetings and events
- Maintains study materials library and checks materials out and in for employees
- Arranges catering, including food pick-up using a company vehicle on a regular basis
Models firm’s Core Values. We are Confident, Creative, Passionate, and Trusted. We generate Results.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Customer service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quality orientation and attention to detail
- Organization, time management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to multi-task and take direction from multiple people
- Ability to interact professionally with people at all levels of the organization
- Working understanding of and interest in human resources principles, practices, and procedures