MG2 is seeking a talented Interiors Studio Lead to join our Seattle office in our Community Environments Market!
At MG2, we value our employees with great benefits and worthwhile programs. We are proud of the many initiatives at MG2 such as our focus on Sustainability, our passion for Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, and our fifty-year anniversary celebration. We promote MG2 culture firmwide and within each of our offices through bi-weekly all-office meals, monthly recognition, happy hours, summer events, and an end of year Holiday Party to celebrate our accomplishments. People make the place at MG2 – Join our growing firm today!
As our Interior Studio Lead you are a key member of MG2’s leadership team and is recognized expert in the profession. You will be responsible for all aspects of the studio business operations and will collaborate directly with Market Leadership on the creation and implementation of strategic initiatives that support studio, market, and firm-wide goals. In this role, you will be involved in leading all aspects of leading the Interiors Studio at MG2. This includes overseeing project development and execution, supporting strong client relationships and maintaining consistently excellent quality standards of the work won and delivered by the interiors studio, primarily focused on the hospitality and multifamily sectors. You will lead and collaborate with other studio leads in design leadership, business development, staff development, project design and delivery, and the overall health of the business. You will provide guidance and direction as required to staff at all levels of the design practice including Studio Directors, Project Managers, Project Architects, and Designers, and should be actively engaged in firm-wide learning and development opportunities. In this role, you will be required to be NCIDQ certified, a licensed architect (ARE), and/or hold a professional PMP certification.
What your day will look like:
- Set strategic direction for the Interiors Studio and contribute to the development of annual business plans.
- Develop long-term strategy for studio in collaboration with Market and Office leadership.
- Develop and track annual studio budget, in collaboration with Studio Directors.
- Lead the strategic development & implementation of project execution tools.
- Collaborate with market leadership to develop and implement strategic plans and management best practices.
- Lead the generation of proposals, RFP responses, and various business development initiatives.
- Track all submitted proposals and pursuits. Actively engage in business development activities and collaborate with Market Leads on new opportunities.
- Establishes, supports, and strengthens both new and existing client relationships through direct client interaction and identifying opportunities for growth.
- Collaborate with market leadership regarding acceptance of new work and strategic pursuits.
- Maintain overall responsibility for project team performance, including design and delivery of contracted work and management of internal and external resources.
- Responsible for profitability and financial success of studio.
- Actively contribute to firm-wide communications and cross market collaborations aimed at ensuring consistency and alignment firmwide.
- Responsible for development and assignment of project teams that can successfully execute project work and deliver excellence in design, technical expertise, and project management.
- Sets performance expectations with direct involvement in project/client pursuits and client management.
- Meet regularly with Studio Directors and Team Leads to review project milestones and financial updates.
- Continuously review all internal and external risks and successfully implement risk mitigation strategies in alignment with the firm’s interests.
- Actively engage in the development and implementation of applicable internal Learning and Development programs and training.
- Cultivate a positive team atmosphere that provides opportunities for growth, collaboration, and sharing of new ideas and technology that will enhance the group’s expertise.
- Partner with HR to create professional performance and development plans for staff within in the studio.
- Actively participate in recruiting and onboarding of new staff.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Bachelor or Master’s of Architecture, Interior Design, or a related field.
- 20+ years of professional experience in a professional architecture firm.
- NCIDQ certification, Architectural license, and/or PMP certification required.
- Demonstrated success in business development, establishing new client relationships, and building a book of work.
- Demonstrated success in leading teams and clients during all phases of a project life cycle.
- Responsible for leading and promoting excellence in design, applying industry-leading expertise in hospitality and multi-family sectors.
- Collaborates with Design Principals in leading projects with integrated interiors.
- Leads teams in the execution of all project deliverables. Projects may be stand alone, brandable projects for interiors, or be executed in collaboration with other project teams
- Review and approve all conceptual design work to ensure deliverables are aligned with firm-wide expectations and design rigor standards
- Overall management of design staff and internal design resources
- Demonstrated success leading business operations and studio-wide financial management.
- Experience with the development and implementation of business plans and financial goals.
- Previous expertise with implementation and management of quality control process and procedures.
- Experience managing diverse studio groups while implementing both tactical and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated engagement in previous business development opportunities including strategizing and leading marketing proposals, RFP responses, and statements of qualifications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staffing resources across internal markets and multiple teams including those in different physical locations.
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to lead large teams.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate conflict while managing through change.
- Active engagement in the development and implementation of learning and development initiatives.
- Exhibits MG2 Practice Values of Integrated Approach, Design Excellence, Social Responsibility, Leadership, and Results.
MG2 Benefits & Salary
MG2 offers competitive benefits that support our employees in their life and career. This position is eligible for company benefits including but not limited to:
- Employer provided employee healthcare plan and reduced cost premium plans, life insurance, and short and long-term disability coverage
- Paid Time Off, 9 paid Holidays, and an additional Floating Holiday
- Employer sponsored Family Planning Program and employer Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Career Development opportunities
- Employee Wellness and Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401K program including eligible company match percentage, after waiting period
…and many other additional voluntary benefits!
No specified closing date; applications accepted until position is filled
National Salary Ranges:
- Minimum 20 years of Architecture experience, domestic experience preferred): $150,000 – $200,000
If position is eligible for remote status, ranges may be adjusted. Acknowledging the time employees typically spend in the role, compensation is dependent on applicable years of experience and skillset.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out Diverse talent that enrichens our work and our culture. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.