MG2 is looking for a talented Systems Administrator to join our Seattle, WA office on the Information Technology team!
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 works together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. We actively pursue partners who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We deeply care about communities, and passionately devote resources to helping them thrive. MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out, and are proud to welcome talent from every walk of life. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger, but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.
MG2 is looking for a Systems Administrator who will be responsible for maintaining and administering our company’s network infrastructure. Your primary duties will include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, storage, backups, software, and other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary. You will also be working closely with the IT Help Desk in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure, network hardware, storage, backups, Active Directory, and virtualization technologies. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network and system devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. etc. A knowledge of system/network infrastructure administration is highly desired.
- Virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix (Preferred)
- Experience configuring and maintaining backups of all server infrastructure (Barracuda Backup)
- Experience administering enterprise SAN devices, including Nimble
- Experience managing and troubleshooting Active Directory (e.g., DHCP, DNS, Group Membership, user accounts, replication)
- Experience working with Windows Servers (2012R2, 2016)
- Experience maintaining Cisco UCS server blades and chassis
- Network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, switches, firewalls, routers, SDWAN and security
- Experience developing and maintaining scripts and utilities to automate repetitive routines and administer network and server systems (Preferred)
- Provide 2nd tier troubleshooting of issues reported by users and assist desktop support team in resolution
- Document all computer systems and network infrastructure as needed
- Make recommendations for future upgrades
- Analyze and isolate network and infrastructure issues
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of infrastructure monitoring and management system: update equipment firmware and software, respond to network and system alerts, monitor infrastructure for any issues.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
- Experience maintaining VPN Concentrators (Pulse Secure), firewalls (Fortinet), routers (Cisco), switches (Cisco)
- Experience with systems monitoring (e.g., PRTG, SolarWinds, RMM Products-Preferred)
- Experience administering printers, deploying software, security updates and patches
Models firm’s Core Values. We are Confident, Creative, Passionate, and Trusted. We generate Results.
- Associate Degree in Network Systems or Computer Management or appropriate level of work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science (Preferred)
- 3+ year’s system/network administration experience
- Effective hardware and software troubleshooting
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and products using documentation and internet resources
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and hardware
- Knowledge of VMware, ISCSI storage, Cisco IOS and Configuration (Cisco), firewalls (Fortinet)
- Ability to create accurate system/network diagrams and documentation for design and planning of infrastructure systems
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, wireless controllers
- Experience with storage and related technologies (e.g., SAN, NAS, ISCSI, Backups)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multitask and respond to emergency situations effectively
- A self-starter able to work independently, but comfortable working in a team environment