MG2 is seeking a talented Mixed-Use Project Architect to join our Seattle office in our Community Environments Market!
At MG2, we value our employees with great benefits and worthwhile programs. We are proud of the many initiatives at MG2 such as our focus on Sustainability, our passion for Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, and our fifty-year anniversary celebration. We promote MG2 culture firmwide and within each of our offices through bi-weekly all-office meals, monthly recognition, happy hours, summer events, and an end of year Holiday Party to celebrate our accomplishments. People make the place at MG2 – Join our growing firm today!
As our Mixed-Use Project Architect, you will work with the Project Manager and Lead Designer to mentor and guide the team on project execution. You will be working in our Community Environments (CE) Market, whereby joining you’ll have the unique opportunity to design and deliver healthy, thriving mixed-use communities. Every day you will assist with master planning, concept, schematic and design development documents. To thrive you must have experience working on Revit based multi-family and/or mixed-use projects and be well-versed in technical and production aspects of projects.
What your day will look like:
- Assist with master planning, concept, schematic and design development documents and drawings
- Support project design intent and goals for successful implementation
- Work with project design team, including consultants
- Assist with design presentations for clients and government authorities
- Develops technical solutions
- Handles Quality Control of project documents (internal team review)
- Participates in client communication
- Owns responsibility for technical development of project with some oversight
- Implements sustainable design
- Manages LEED process as required by project
- Displays confidence when presenting and representing projects
- Produces well-organized and well-coordinated work
- Trains staff effectively into their assigned roles
- Adheres to project work plan, budget, scope, and schedule
- Collaborates successfully with project designers
- Meets technical requirements for constructability and code compliance in documents
We’re looking for someone who:
- Bachelor of Architecture
- 5+ years of architectural design experience
- Experience in multi-family and/or mixed-use design with experience in shell and core design
- Strong proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, and 3D software
- Demonstrated ability to deliver design solutions
- Licensed or certified professional, preferred
- LEED AP or equivalent
- Well-rounded knowledge base
- Basic understanding of material and FF&E pricing
- Basic understanding of constructability
- Strong understanding of design ordinances
- Has volunteered or participated in community or professional organization events
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of construction documentation including specifications
- Exhibits MG2 Practice Values of Integrated Approach, Design Excellence, Social Responsibility, Leadership, and Results.
MG2 Benefits & Salary
MG2 offers competitive benefits that support our employees in their life and career. This position is eligible for company benefits including but not limited to:
- Employer provided employee healthcare plan and reduced cost premium plans, life insurance, and short and long-term disability coverage
- Paid Time Off, 9 paid Holidays, and an additional Floating Holiday
- Employer sponsored Family Planning Program and employer Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Career Development opportunities
- Employee Wellness and Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401K program including eligible company match percentage, after waiting period
…and many other additional voluntary benefits!
National Salary Ranges:
- Associate 3 (Minimum 5 years of Architecture experience, domestic experience preferred): $66,000 – $100,100
- Associate 4 (Minimum 8 years of Architecture experience, domestic experience preferred): $78,100 – $134,900
If position is eligible for remote status, ranges may be adjusted. Acknowledging the time employees typically spend in the role, compensation is dependent on applicable years of experience and skillset.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out Diverse talent that enrichens our work and our culture. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.