MG2 is looking for a talented Mixed-Use Project Architect to join our New York, NY office.
As a member of our Community Environments team, the Mixed-Use Project Architect will have the opportunity to be involved in multiple project types with a common focus on building healthy, thriving communities. We craft multi-disciplinary teams where each member has a contribution and voice. We look for team members that inspire design thinking and technical excellence. Project types may include multi-family housing, hospitality and retail in midrise and high-rise projects. Working closely with a Senior Associate or Principal in charge, the Project Architect will be responsible for the following:
- Handle technical and production aspects of projects
- Guide design team through the construction documentation process
- Check for zoning and code compliance, coordinate with consultants/contractors and develop construction details
- Understand design intent and goals for successful implementation
- Assist in the design control/construction administration phase of the projects
- Maintain firm-wide documentation procedures and standards
- Support project management in staffing, fee estimating, and scheduling
- Assists Project Manager with proposals / budget development
- Assists Project Manager with project status updates
- Assists Project Manager with client coordination developing into the PA assuming the point of contact role with the client
- Assists Senior Designer with design studies
- Provides technical guidance to project staff
- Assists in performance review feedback for project staff
- Maintains as backup to the Project Manager, direct contact with clients
- Possesses full knowledge of best practice standards and expectations
Models firm’s Core Values. We are Confident, Creative, Passionate, and Trusted. We generate Results.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture
- Architectural licensure is preferred
- 5-8 years of experience
- Strong Revit and AutoCAD skills
- Proficient with Rhino, SketchUp, Lumion/Enscape, Adobe Suite products, Office Suite products, hand sketching/detailing.
- Experience (or related experience) in jurisdictional planning approvals, entitlements and research, presentations, site planning, design experience
- Experience with multi-family and/or mixed-use retail projects
- Focus on building material research, implementation, and sustainability
- Flexibility to support multiple teams of different project types
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 works together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. We actively pursue partners who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We deeply care about communities, and passionately devote resources to helping them thrive. MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out, and are proud to welcome talent from every walk of life. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger, but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.