MG2 is looking for a talented Permit Coordinator to join our Seattle, WA office.
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 works together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. We actively pursue partners who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We deeply care about communities, and passionately devote resources to helping them thrive. MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out, and are proud to welcome talent from every walk of life. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger, but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.
Under direction of the Studio Lead and Program Manager, the Permit Coordinator will facilitate the permit process and be responsible for a wide variety of administrative and technical duties to facilitate successful project outcomes. This role will need to be proactive and skilled in processing of a variety of permits to determine application completeness and compliance with State and local codes and regulations. Abilities in developing positive relationships with project teams, clients, and consultants is essential.
- Jurisdiction research, tracking and permit coordination
- Contacts jurisdictions for information and submittal process requirements
- Complete permit applications and check requests
- Responsible for permit set coordination, packaging, submittal, and follow-up
- Consultant coordination, deadline tracking, follow-up, and weekly communication
- Liaison to building, health, solar, fire, and other permit applications as required
- Liaison to client contracted permit expeditors
- Responsible for tracking permit status, analysis of risks, and preparing client and consultant communications weekly, under Studio Lead and/or Program Manager supervision
- Proactively pursue opportunities for creating new efficiencies within the team and continued improvement of workflow
- Play a key role in the development of MG2’s permit services data and reporting solution in an ongoing way
- Perform all other tasks and projects as assigned
Models firm’s Core Values. We are Confident, Creative, Passionate, and Trusted. We generate Results.
- Minimum of 3-5 years administrative, construction permit coordination or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of construction practices and the AEC industry
- Microsoft Office proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and drive project deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to be a team player and influence results