MG2 is seeking a talented Permit Coordinator to join our Seattle office and our Project Management Team!
At MG2, we value our employees with great benefits and worthwhile programs. We are proud of the many initiatives at MG2 such as our focus on Sustainability, our passion for Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, and our fifty-year anniversary celebration. We promote MG2 culture firmwide and within each of our offices through bi-weekly all-office meals, monthly recognition, happy hours, summer events, and an end of year Holiday Party to celebrate our accomplishments. People make the place at MG2 – Join our growing firm today!
The Permit Coordinator will facilitate the permit process and be responsible for a wide variety of administrative and technical duties to facilitate successful project outcomes, under the direction of the Studio Lead and Program Manager. Every day you’ll be proactive and skilled in processing of a variety of permits to determine application completeness and compliance with State and local codes and regulations. To thrive, you must have abilities in developing positive relationships with project teams, clients, and consultants is essential.
What your day will look like:
- Jurisdiction research, tracking and permit coordination
- Contacts jurisdictions for information and submittal process requirements
- Complete permit applications and check requests
- Responsible for permit set coordination, packaging, submittal, and follow-up
- Consultant coordination, deadline tracking, follow-up, and weekly communication
- Liaison to building, health, solar, fire, and other permit applications as required
- Liaison to client contracted permit expeditors
- Responsible for tracking permit status, analysis of risks, and preparing client and consultant communications weekly, under Studio Lead and/or Program Manager supervision
- Proactively pursues opportunities for creating new efficiencies within the team and continued improvement of workflow
- Play a key role in the development of MG2’s permit services data and reporting solution in an ongoing way
- Perform all other tasks and projects as assigned.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Minimum of 3-5 years administrative, construction permit coordination or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of construction practices and the AEC industry
- Microsoft Office proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and drive project deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to be a team player and influence results
- Exhibits MG2 Practice Values of Integrated Approach, Design Excellence, Social Responsibility, Leadership, and Results.
MG2 Benefits & Salary
MG2 offers competitive benefits that support our employees in their life and career. This position is eligible for company benefits including but not limited to:
- Employer provided employee healthcare plan and reduced cost premium plans, life insurance, and short and long-term disability coverage
- Paid Time Off, 9 paid Holidays, and an additional Floating Holiday
- Employer sponsored Family Planning Program and employer Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Career Development opportunities
- Employee Wellness and Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401K program including eligible company match percentage, after waiting period
…and many other additional voluntary benefits!
National Salary Range: $67,200 – $98,700
If position is eligible for remote status, ranges may be adjusted.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out Diverse talent that enrichens our work and our culture. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.