MG2 is looking for a talented Program Design Manager to join our Seattle, WA office!
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 works together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. We actively pursue partners who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We deeply care about communities, and passionately devote resources to helping them thrive. MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out, and are proud to welcome talent from every walk of life. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger, but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.
The Program Design Manager (PDM) role is one focused on the creation, development, and management of rollout building programs for new and existing clients. The PDM’s day-to-day role is centered on design activities developing Prototype Designs and Templating Documentation and Development Standards for building programs of varying scales.
The expectation is that the PDM will lead these prototype efforts from the onset of a client pursuit, working alongside the Principal-in-Charge (PIC) to create MG2’s scope of services in design fees and team resources, across a prescribed duration of time. Once awarded, the PDM is responsible for managing resources, within defined processes, workflows and schedules, that leads to successful results for our client(s) and MG2.
As the PDM you will steward a team of emerging and seasoned professionals, developing a culture of innovative design excellence, while delivering creative and technically sound solutions that are adaptive and scalable to the shifting needs of our clients. The PDM role is critical to the growth of the Client Programs market and the Program Design studio’s expertise with potential MG2 cross market collaboration.
- Actively cultivates new and existing client partnerships with emphasis on trust, communication, and performance driven results. The PDM supports the program pursuits lead by the PIC (Principal in Charge)
- Accountable for the Development, Delivery, and Maintenance of the program level design and technical standards which support the rollout delivery of a client program
- Establishes and leads development of Project Charters for new opportunities
- Actively engages with other PDMs on strategic and tactical planning for Program Design success, optimization, and future growth
- Actively engages with Design Leadership both within Client Programs and the other Market
- Contributes to design Innovation within Program Design and the Client Programs market
- Leads and mentors team members to develop design curiosity and design excellence at both project and program levels
- Supports the development of pursuit leads by the PIC (Principal in Charge)
- Development and management of program fee proposal workplans, resource planning of team members to support efforts, and accountability of profitable financial results
- Responsible for project awareness relating to issues/ concerns raised by the Client as well as the prompt resolution of those issues to a satisfactory result
- Engages with recruiting, hiring, and onboarding of new team members
- Facilitates execution of design/engineering service contracts with external consultants as needed
- Forecasts and develops additional Client services agreements as appropriate
- Contributes to the Market’s revenue budgeting efforts in tandem with the Program Design PIC (Principal in Charge)
- Responsible for review and issuance of monthly fee invoices
- Establishes and leads project team meetings
- Proactively analyzes and assesses both individual and team performance, exhibiting a drive toward excellence.
- Establishes a team culture, one in which your influence extends beyond the project level and builds followership across the account and firm’s markets.
- Consistently works with a sense of urgency when there are client needs and/or concerns
- Consistently and confidently assesses situations and can makes decisions swiftly. Comfortable with decision-making on their own while also understanding when a discussion is warranted with their Principal-in-charge.
- Engagement with staff to listen, ask questions, challenge directly and confirm delivery of work and that milestones are being met.
- Consistently available and communicating up to their Principal-in-charge the status of projects, staff performance, conflict resolutions and client relations.
- Actively in front of the staff conducting training and development sessions. Sharing knowledge and expertise.
- Cultivates feedback loop behavior that encourages efficiency, innovation, and optimization
- Demonstrates a Growth mindset – Business developing – proactively looking for opportunities to provide more service to our client(s). Seeking out those opportunities to add value and become a trusted partner and expert. Work with direct report Principal to acquire the skills needed to grow MG2.
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture
- Architectural licensure required
- 10+ years of architectural experience
- Diversity of project experience within industrial and commercial retail is a plus
- Leadership experience managing project teams through design, development, documentation, as well as construction administration
- 3+ years experience developing and delivering prototype solutions and documentation for rollout building programs
- Proficiency with creating design service proposals, and managing project financials with successful results
- Demonstrated ability to manage scalable degrees of change within contracted scopes of work
- Experience with negotiating design services contracts with clients
- Ideal candidates thrive in a high cadence team environment
- Seasoned proficiency with Revit, BIM 360, AutoCAD, and Adobe design software
- Ability to travel within North America