MG2 is looking for a talented Project Accountant to join our Seattle, WA office.
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 48 years. We partner with companies around the world to provide emotive design solutions through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our partnerships with our clients and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
For three consecutive years, including 2019, MG2 has been recognized as one of the best 100 companies to work for by Business Magazine. At MG2, you will work together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. MG2 pursues clients who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We care about communities and devote resources to helping them thrive. At MG2 we know that it is our differences that make us stronger. We embrace diversity, welcoming talent from every walk of life. The more diverse our perspectives, the more innovative our design solutions.
- Works collaboratively with Project Accounting team
- Works with Project Managers and Project Administrators to set up and maintain projects in the
- accounting system according to Firm best practices and procedures
- Reviews Owner contracts and Sub-consultant agreements to understand project scope and
- Ensures the integrity of the project contract through approved scope changes
- Set up and maintains consultant contracts in accounting system
- Coordinates with Accounts Payable on pass through costs
- Prepares Client invoices in an accurate and timely manner during the monthly billing cycle
- Verifies accuracy of invoice information, including fee type, coding and allocations
- Researches unbilled activity
- Monitors and closes projects
- Distributes Client’s invoices, including uploading into Clients systems
- Issues project performance reports
- Researches project issues and risks and recommends solutions
- Reviews and analyzes financial condition of projects monthly and advises Project Manager on
- variances from budget
- Leads monthly account/project review meetings; engages and supports studio teams to manage
- projects profitably
- Works with PMs to resolve Client aged AR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Business Administration or comparable experience.
- 5 – 8 years of Accounting experience.
- 3+ years of Project or Job Costing experience is preferred.
- Experience in Architecture, Engineering or Construction industry.
- Ability to prioritize, organize work flows and juggle conflicting demands.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to interface with project managers, clients and architects.
- Hands on experience with billing and project accounting.
- Experience with Microsoft office including but not limited to Microsoft Excel.
- Deltek accounting system experience a strong plus.
- BA degree is preferred.