MG2 is looking for talented Project Architect, specializing in visualization, to join our Washington, D.C. office!
- Handle technical and production aspects of projects
- Guide design team through the construction documentation process
- Check for code compliance, coordinate with consultants / contractors and develop construction details
- Understand design intent and goals for successful implementation
- Assist in the design control / construction administration phase of projects
- Maintain firm-wide documentation procedures and standards
- Support project management in staffing, fee estimating and scheduling
- Assist Project Manager with proposals / budget development and project status updates
- Assist Project Manager with client coordination
- Provide technical guidance to project staff
- Assist in performance review feedback for project staff
- Serve as secondary point of contact in client communications
- Possess full knowledge of industry best practice standards and expectation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s of Architecture
- Architectural licensure preferred
- 5 – 12 years of experience
- High acumen for 2D and 3D visualization
- Photoshop skills in general image editing/adjustments, and enhancements of 2D drawings such as rendered elevations required
- Experience in compositing render passes, post-processing of renderings, and compositing rendered imagery with real-world photographs preferred
- Rendering experience with importing Revit models into real-time rendering software
- Ideally experienced in Unreal Engine 4, Unity, Blender Eevee, Twinmotion or Lumion
- Experience with traditional rendering tools such as V-Ray, Arnold, Blender Cycles, or Corona preferred, not required
- Experience in material creation and creating physically based materials (PBR) based on reference images and/or physical samples
- Experience in Affinity Publisher or Adobe InDesign preferred, but not required
- Ability to combine visualization imagery, such as 3D renderings, plans and elevations with text and graphics in a way that clearly demonstrates narrative and design intent
- Strong Revit and AutoCAD skills
- Proficient with SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, hand sketching / detailing
- Experience with jurisdictional planning approvals, entitlements and research, presentations and site planning
- Experience with building material research / implementation and sustainability
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 48 years. We partner with companies around the world to provide emotive design solutions through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our partnerships with our clients and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
For three consecutive years, including 2019, MG2 has been recognized as one of the best 100 companies to work for by Business Magazine. At MG2, you will work together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. MG2 pursues clients who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We care about communities and devote resources to helping them thrive. At MG2 we know that it is our differences that make us stronger. We embrace diversity, welcoming talent from every walk of life. The more diverse our perspectives, the more innovative our design solutions.