MG2 is seeking a talented Project Architect to join our Washington, D.C. office in our Client Programs Market!
At MG2, we value our employees with great benefits and worthwhile programs. We are proud of the many initiatives at MG2 such as our focus on Sustainability, our passion for Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, and our fifty-year anniversary celebration. We promote MG2 culture firmwide and within each of our offices through bi-weekly all-office meals, monthly recognition, happy hours, summer events, and an end of year Holiday Party to celebrate our accomplishments. People make the place at MG2 – Join our growing firm today!
You will be working in our Client Programs (CP) Market, where you will have the unique opportunity to work on global and national building programs with a focus on project and client leadership through all phases of design and delivery.
What your day will look like:
- Assembles and coordinates deliverables
- Oversees and mentors others in a production role
- Forecasts and prioritizes personal workload and workload of support staff
- Keeps projects focused in design delivery
- Seeks ways to improve quality and streamline effort of design + delivery
- Projects budgeted hours on a task basis
- Performs work within budgeted hours
- Actively works with manager to achieve scope requirements within budget
- Performs code research and applies code as directed
- Coordinates with project consultant team and jurisdictions in project delivery
- Participates in sustainable design process and management of project LEED requirements
- Trains junior level staff
- Produces well-organized and well-coordinated work
- Develops professional knowledge base
- Possess strong foundational skills in the basics of design, interior design, technical design, and management
- Meets budgets and schedule
- Produces work that demonstrates understanding of intent
- Ensures that support staff stays utilized and within assigned budget hours
We’re looking for someone who:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in architecture, interior design or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in assembling deliverables
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating work of others (junior staff and consultants)
- Prior experience managing the work of others
- Ability to define and develop project documentation
- Is licensed or certified or actively pursuing licensure or certification within field
- Is a LEED Green Associate or equivalent
- Exhibits MG2 Practice Values of Integrated Approach, Design Excellence, Social Responsibility, Leadership, and Results.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out Diverse talent that enrichens our work and our culture. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.