MG2 is looking for a talented Project Designer to join our Washington, D.C. office.
- Leads a team in project design with support and oversight as needed
- Plays a key role in project design
- Actively collaborates and manages work of junior designers
- Actively participates in design charrettes and conversations
- Manages design effort and resources within assigned budget hours
- Assists with budget development
- Manages LEED design process or equivalent
- Understands and can speak to sustainable design initiatives and 2030 challenge
- Identifies add services as they arise and potentially assists project manager in assigning budget to add services
- Works with technical architects to ensure implementation of design intent
- Plays active role in leading project entitlements and design review hearings
- Leads project sustainable design
- Owns responsibility for material selection aligned with client budget
- Collaborates with technical team during design process
- Produces work that advances MG2’s brand
- Produces work that supports client brand
- Adheres to construction and fee budget with minimal oversight
- Ensures that client recognizes value in design process
- Advances design expertise of the studio
- Ensures that projects meet design goals
Models firm’s Core Values. We are Confident, Creative, Passionate, and Trusted. We generate Results.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in architecture, interior design or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent
- Demonstrated design ability within market
- Maturing, effective people management skills
- Licensed or certified professional
- LEED AP or equivalent
- Well-rounded knowledge base
- Understanding of material pricing
- Understanding of FF&E pricing
- Understanding of constructability
- Proven ability to interpret and push limits of design ordinances to achieve design goals
- Beginning involvement with external community or professional organizations
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of construction documentation including specifications
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 works together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. We actively pursue partners who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We deeply care about communities, and passionately devote resources to helping them thrive. MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out, and are proud to welcome talent from every walk of life. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger, but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.