MG2 is looking for a talented Building Design & Land Use Entitlements Project Manager to join our Washington, D.C. office!
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 works together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. We actively pursue partners who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We deeply care about communities, and passionately devote resources to helping them thrive. MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out, and are proud to welcome talent from every walk of life. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger, but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.
The Building Design & Land Use Entitlements Project Manager role is a project leader role. You will act as the project leader, serve as the client single point-of-contact and collaborate directly with the consultant team facilitating multiple projects through the due diligence, budgeting, building design & the land use entitlements process. This is a client facing role that requires the ability to lead the overall project process with the client and project team. This is an active role that requires a strong competency in architectural design, site planning, jurisdictional codes, sustainable practices and public presentations. This role requires expertise and experience in leading projects from conception through the jurisdictional approval process, proactively identifying and mitigating any potential project risks or issues.
- Guiding projects through the jurisdictional architectural design approvals process including jurisdictional hearings and community meetings.
- Serving as a client point-of-contact.
- Effective people and conflict management skills.
- A well-rounded fundamental comprehension of architectural design, engineering, construction & sustainability practices.
- Ability to research codes, ordinances and other jurisdictional requirements for a property and apply them to the project.
- Ability to manage project risk, to identify issues and proactively facilitate solutions to resolve them.
- Ability to manage project scope, service fee agreements, schedule and communicate that to the project team.
- Must be a driven and results-oriented professional that is comfortable in a decision-making role.
- Leads and manages the overall project development process from project conception phase through the design phase and continues to actively collaborate with the delivery project manager from construction documents through construction administration, reporting to the client the project status throughout the life of the project.
- Manages the project delivery team through the conception and design phases of the project against budget and schedule, initiates the process and directs the team through it.
- Leads the architectural design process. Engages the design team, communicates the AHJ and client design expectations and assures the quality of the deliverables to the client.
- Handles Quality Control of project documents. Is responsible for the deliverables to the client or AHJ.
- Participates in construction costing, scheduling, and phasing with our internal Cost Management team, the general contractor and the client’s real estate and construction departments.
- Directly negotiates any scope change and additional services as required.
- Reviews invoices and tracks progress in collections and communicates with client as necessary to collect any aging invoices.
- Leads client & consultant communication and can speak with confidence and knowledge about the drawings and deliverables.
- Focuses on team ownership and accountability of projects as well as team dynamics so as to grow communication proficiency with leadership team, client, and project team.
- Ensures projects begin with a project plan and budget work plan in place.
- Ensures clear milestones are established and results are achieved by the project team.
- Actively engages in mentoring and apprenticeship opportunities and encourages the development of the junior staff. Always working to share their expertise and explain the ‘why’ to colleagues.
- Meets and coordinates with peers in other offices to both refine and develop better methodologies as well as assist in producing expertise collateral for the firm to use in project entitlement and management pursuits.
- Travel (1-2-day trips) will be required for attendance at meetings and presentations to various state jurisdictions.
- Maintains consistent rigor around client and team communications. Holds regular meetings to assure clarity of scope, schedule and the deliverables.
Models firm’s Core Values. We are Confident, Creative, Passionate, and Trusted. We generate Results.
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture
- Architectural licensure preferred
- 10-12+ years of architectural & project design entitlement experience
- Ability to travel, typically(1-2 day trips) will be required for attendance at meetings and presentations to various state jurisdictions
- Proven ability to lead the client and the project team (including outside consultants)
- A persistent problem-solver with a value-added practice approach
- Ability to serve as a positive influencer who inspires and motivates the team
- Compelling business, management & design acumen
- Portfolio of recent built work and projects