MG2 is looking for a talented Regional Design Practice Lead to join our Irvine, CA office.
The Regional Design Practice Leader is responsible for MG2’s regional business operations. This key role develops strategy and plans to reach regional goals and objectives, actively collaborating with Market leadership. The Leader provides Design Practice leadership and develops teams for high project performance in the market sectors strategically assigned to the office / region. This individual oversees the day-to-day operations of the office including recruiting, training, and managing staff members. The Regional Design Practice Leader leverages and engages with Market Leaders, other Managing Partners/Principals and the marketing team as required to set strategy, manage proposals and pursuit processes and ensure the team will maximize the success of each opportunity for the growth of the office. This position provides strong leadership and oversight for the financial success of an MG2 office and the expansion of MG2 in the Regional Market.
1. Design Practice Leadership
- Works with the Executive Team to create an agile and successful leadership team for the office, including a succession plan.
- Is responsible for design excellence and delivery results of the projects performed in the regional office. Guides office design practices to achieve this outcome.
- Develops, implements, and controls best practices related to delivery of the work.
- Elevates the influence of design leadership and technical expertise for the Design Practice.
- Leads, mentors, and grows project managers and project staff.
- Develops respect and a strong working relationship with all employees in the office.
- Responsible for working with HR on recruiting and develop professional growth plan of all employees in the office.
2. Cross-Market Approach
- Facilitates firm wide market leadership communication and alignment.
- Actively navigates the intersection of responsibilities between market leaders and managing Principals by collaborating with market partners in the firm in a supportive and constructive way.
- Develops the long-term strategy for the office in collaboration with the Executive Team and Market Leaders, and identifies opportunities for strategic acquisitions, talent recruitment, etc.
- Is a strong directive voice in the leadership of the markets assigned to the office on behalf of MG2.
- Serves as firm ambassador for executing the vision of MG2 in the regional office.
- Effectively contributes to a cooperative, trusting, and collaborative leadership team.
3. Regional Growth
- Provides professional leadership and cultural identity to the firm and its expression in a regional office.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of best practices for business development and design services for the office. Final authority for all PSE decisions for pursuits assigned to be led from the office.
- Entrepreneurial and active in efforts at all levels of business development opportunities.
- Develops and expands current client opportunities and relationships; establishes new relationships with prospective clients on behalf of MG2.
4. Financial Performance
- Responsible for project financial performance and results of the projects performed in the regional office.
- Sets performance expectations with direct involvement in project/client pursuits and client management.
- Provides final approval on any proposals, contracts, projects, competitions, or hiring required for the office.
- Owns risk management for the office by demonstrating strong understanding of contractual risks and successfully negotiating for the firm’s interests.
- Manages the expense spending for the marketing and business development budgets for the office, in alignment with the annual budget.
Models firm’s Core Values. We are Confident, Creative, Passionate, and Trusted. We generate Results.
- Minimum of 15 years prior work experience within a related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Urban Planning, or related field
- Licensed or certified professional
- Sustainability accreditations preferred
- Established as a firm wide and external business community leader
- Demonstrated focus on effectively leading and advocating for others
- Demonstrated project leadership
- Proven ownership of client or account acquisition and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Proven ability to balance business performance with architectural delivery
- Demonstrated business leadership expertise in architectural practice, account, and market
- Active involvement with one or more external community or professional organizations
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 works together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. We actively pursue partners who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We deeply care about communities, and passionately devote resources to helping them thrive. MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out, and are proud to welcome talent from every walk of life. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger, but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.