MG2 is looking for a talented Retail Architectural Practice Principal to join our firm.
As a leader in our Consumer Experiences Market, the Retail Architectural Practice Principal will work with the Consumer Experiences Market Lead and other Principal leadership in building and implementing best practices for all project and program types. The focus will be in directing Account Management, Technical Standards and Team Management for our CX market. This leader will collaborate with Studio Leads and Principals, the Design Practice Leadership Cohort and MG2 Executive Team in strategy and implementation. This leader will be versant in firmwide and industry issues and seek cross market synergies for strategy and execution. This position may be located in our Seattle, Minneapolis, or Irvine locations.
- Minimum of 20 years prior work experience within a related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or Equivalent
- Licensed or certified professional
- LEED AP or equivalent
- Demonstrated business leadership expertise in architectural practice, account, and market
- Proven ability to balance business performance with architectural delivery
- Established as a firm wide and external business community leader
- Demonstrated focus on effectively leading and advocating for others
- Demonstrated strategic project and client leadership
- Proven ownership of client or account acquisition and leadership
- Active involvement with one or more external community or professional organizations
- Strong Revit and AutoCAD skills
- Exemplify critical thinking, design excellence and results within your market.
- Establish a succinct, streamlined process for leading teams and clients through all project phases.
- Direct the strategy and implementation of Program Management tools for the market: Process, Tools, Oversight and develop/execute account management framework and processes for your market.
- Actively engage with the Market leadership to develop and implement market strategies, planning, define and track goals, monitor RoB, KPI’s, etc.
- Oversee Technical Standards: QA/ QC, Technical Design Standards, Integration of MG2 Drawing Standards.
- Actively engage with account/project leads, Finance, PMO, and provide mentorship to support project and account leadership.
- Lead firm-wide efforts in creating and delivering new and iterative programs and initiatives.
- Lead and participate in firmwide training and development.
- Participate in identifying and pursuing new BD opportunities and client relationships that support your market and firm-wide design goals.
- Establish relationships that foster alignment with the Executive Team, market Leaders, and firm wide as needed.
- Support and mentor emerging managers in their growth in studio, market and firmwide leadership.
- Create opportunities for practice-related conversations at the project, team, market, and firm-wide levels.
- Build diverse teams with the expertise to deliver excellence in design, technical, and management.
Goals, Values, and Drivers
Every day, you champion, strengthen, and focus on:
- Visionary Leadership: You elevate firm and market strategies by evaluating BD opportunities through both macro and micro-lenses. Using strategic pursuit planning, you continuously seek out brands, partnerships, and work that aligns MG2’s values, vision, and mission.
- Achieving Results: You’re an expert at setting and tracking metrics and understand how to streamline processes to improve outcomes, execution, and accountability for pursuits. In short, you get things done and track the steps of how you successfully got there.
- Strengthening Relationships: In addition to forging and growing client relationships, you partner and collaborate with other markets, working together to advocate for a firmwide approach, alignment, and building trust—both internally and externally.
- Exemplifying an Entrepreneurial Mindset: You explore every angle and possibility to showcase innovation, continually seeking market opportunities and pursuits. You research and read about market trends, and proactively engage in risk assessment for future explorations and endeavors.
- Candid Connectivity: Whether it’s with clients, partners, employees, or fellow MG2 leadership, you practice strong, effective, and transparent communication skills and methodologies, ensuring nothing gets lost in translation.
- Embodying Values: Regardless of your endeavors, you model and approach each of your responsibilities through the lens of MG2’s core values: Trust, Creative, Passionate, Confident, and Results.
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 works together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. We actively pursue partners who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We deeply care about communities, and passionately devote resources to helping them thrive. MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out, and are proud to welcome talent from every walk of life. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger, but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.