The Lion’esque Group, an MG2 company, is looking for talented Senior Designer to join our New York, NY office.
We are experiential retail strategists and pop-up architects who have produced over 150 brick & mortar experiences in major cities across the United States. Beginning with a deep dive into strategy, we help clients rethink environments and in-store experiences to convey compelling stories – one that animate discovery and engagement – attracting new customers, elevating loyalty with existing customers, and building a platform for their future evolution.
Working closely with our CEO, the Senior Designer will lead teams and clients in a variety of project types with a common focus on creating transformative experiences. In this role, the Senior Designer will work in multi-disciplinary teams, leading and soliciting contributions from all levels of expertise. The Senior Designer should inspire design thinking and technical excellence and play a key role in project design.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Assisting in leading experiential retail projects from proposal preparation, concept discovery, concept and design development through DD level documents
- Have a diverse approach to problem solving, merging expertise in brand, architecture, interiors, graphic design, and interior design. Aware of retail business and consumer trends, technology overlays, and innovations within and outside the industry
- Assisting in Business Development: Participates in key RFPs and new project pursuits and supports business development across markets
- Verbally expressing design intention and execution of primary design functions assigned
- Leading project presentations and interactions with clients
- Partnering with Project Architect to transition design projects into documentation
- Being an active Leader in TLG Design Culture – Design Leadership Group, Trend Awareness, Design Reviews
- Actively leading in mentoring and developing the team
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in architecture, interior design or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to deliver design solutions
- Proficiency in Sketching, SketchUp, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite
- Revit experience a plus
- Licensed or certified professional; or working towards licensure or certification
- Well-rounded knowledge base
- Understanding of material and FF&E pricing
- Understanding of constructability
- Strong understanding of design ordinances
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of construction documentation including specifications
- Interest in sustainability practices