MG2 is seeking a talented Senior Estimator II to join our Irvine office in our Client Programs Market on our Cost Management Team!
At MG2, we value our employees with great benefits and worthwhile programs. We are proud of the many initiatives at MG2 such as our focus on Sustainability, our passion for Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, and our fifty-year anniversary celebration. We promote MG2 culture firmwide and within each of our offices through bi-weekly all-office meals, monthly recognition, happy hours, summer events, and an end of year Holiday Party to celebrate our accomplishments. People make the place at MG2 – Join our growing firm today!
As our Senior Estimator II, you will serve as a primary point of contact for our clients to coordinate and communicate on multiple projects. You will be working in our Client Programs (CP) Market, where you will have the unique opportunity to work on global and national building programs with a focus on project and client leadership through all phases of design and delivery. Every day you will assess comprehensive scope of work for each project, supervise estimator to “package” the final estimates, and assist other team members with questions pertaining to ways, means, methods, or costs. To thrive you must have a minimum of 10years of commercial construction estimating experience and excellent communication skills.
What your day will look like:
- Serves as primary contact person for the client.
- Communicates and coordinates multiple projects with the client, architect PM, engineers, and contractors
- Performs detailed takeoffs of materials and trades for all CSI divisions as required to complete estimates and to support senior staff.
- Prepares labor, material, and equipment pricing research and applies to estimates.
- Provides conceptual, preliminary, schematic, and design development estimates for new construction, remodels, small infrastructure type projects. Expected to provide detailed breakdowns for all major CSI divisions.
- Prepare detailed narratives for estimates to convey scope of work to client.
- Remain up to date on trends in the industry regarding estimating methods, technology, methods of construction and materials, wages, and cost escalation.
- Assists other team members with questions pertaining to ways, means, methods, or costs
- Assesses comprehensive scope of work for each project
- Evaluates and manages site investigations for each project
- Supervises estimator to “package” the final estimates
- Provide QA of estimates prior to deliver to clients.
- Provides impromptu spreadsheets and cost comparisons at the client’s request
- Updates Cost Management’s historical database
- Performs bid review
- Perform change order review
- Meet with project managers, consultants, and clients as required to acquire necessary information for estimates, bids, and budgets. This would include drawings, specifications, reports, clarification of scope etc.
- Clarifies any discrepancies; obtains missing information from architects, engineers, clients
- Provide value engineering suggestions to team during the estimation process.
- Visits building sites for clients as required.
- Attends client team management and project kickoff meetings as required
- Attends all Cost Management team meetings or functions as required
- Produces accurate and consistent work
- Adheres to assigned schedule
- Monitors time spent on all projects to ensure profitability and efficiency
- Meets with client to review estimates and proposals and makes recommendations for value engineering solutions.
- Meets with client to review bids and makes appropriate recommendations for cost savings and contractor bid evaluation
- Exhibits professional development and growth
- Demonstrates an understanding of architecture, construction, and related sub-trades
- Effectively trains junior staff
- Prepares and give presentation to clients, team members, and internal staff to provide training, market trends, and analysis as required.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Minimum 10 years of commercial construction estimating experience
- Onscreen takeoffs with Bluebeam or equivalent software
- Demonstrates an understanding of architecture and construction
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field
- Exhibits MG2 Practice Values of Integrated Approach, Design Excellence, Social Responsibility, Leadership, and Results.
MG2 Benefits & Salary
MG2 offers competitive benefits that support our employees in their life and career. This position is eligible for company benefits including but not limited to:
- Employer provided employee healthcare plan and reduced cost premium plans, life insurance, and short and long-term disability coverage
- Paid Time Off, 9 paid Holidays, and an additional Floating Holiday
- Employer sponsored Family Planning Program and employer Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Career Development opportunities
- Employee Wellness and Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401K program including eligible company match percentage, after waiting period
…and many other additional voluntary benefits!
National Salary Range: $112,700 – $160,300
If position is eligible for remote status, ranges may be adjusted.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out Diverse talent that enrichens our work and our culture. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.