MG2 is looking for a talented Senior Lead Estimator to join our Washington, D.C. office!
At MG2, we strongly believe and embrace Cost Management as a vital driver of our design approach and practice. The depth and volume of our work is increasing and expanding into new markets as well as within existing annuity client work. As a result, we are looking for a dynamic and client-facing individual to play a significant role in our expansion plans. The Senior Lead Estimator will be leading specific client accounts as well as the mentorship and management of team members. Our Cost Management services begin from the onset of projects and this role will be involved early on to provide market analysis, site design input and overall preliminary project cost estimates. As the project work progresses, this role will be responsible for preliminary, schematic and design development level estimates, as well as the examination of contractor bids, VE options and change orders. The Senior Lead Estimator will be expected to serve as a trusted partner and financial bodyguard to the client continually striving to elevate and enhance the deliverables.
- Build successful relationships with key clients
- Exhibit a business development mindset with new and existing clients
- Manage workload and work with other team members to ensure deadlines are met
- Help mentor and train junior staff
- Build relationships with General Contractors and subcontractors
- Prepare conceptual and schematic estimate pre-construction estimates for various type of projects throughout the US, Canada, and other regions of the world.
- Evaluate bids and change order proposals
- Perform bid negotiations to reconcile bids to budgets
- Prepare cost comparisons, proposals and market trend analysis for clients
- Perform detailed quantity surveys and verify pricing on materials and labor
- Provide value engineering (VE) solutions
- Coordinate collecting information from consultants that is needed to prepare estimates
- Develop and maintain cost databases
Models firm’s Core Values. We are Confident, Creative, Passionate, and Trusted. We generate Results.
- 10+ years of estimating experience in commercial projects for all major disciplines
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or equivalent field
- Proficiency in conceptual and schematic estimates with focus on pre-construction
- Must be familiar with and able to perform detailed takeoffs for all CSI divisions
- Versed in the review, analysis and summarization of geotechnical, ESA and traffic reports
- Broad experience with all types of commercial construction projects including retail, mixed use, hospitality, parking structures, remodel work, and tenant improvements
- Knowledgeable with current labor and material prices in the construction industry
- Proactive communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with using onscreen takeoffs
- Experience with using WinEst and Rock-Tek (Earthwork) software a plus but not required
- Must be able to multitask and handle working on multiple projects at a time
- Must be self-motivated, organized, have a good work ethic, and be able to work with others
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 works together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. We actively pursue partners who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We deeply care about communities, and passionately devote resources to helping them thrive. MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out, and are proud to welcome talent from every walk of life. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger, but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.