MG2 is seeking a talented Senior Project Architect to join our Washington, D.C. office in our Client Programs Market!
At MG2, we value our employees with great benefits and worthwhile programs. We are proud of the many initiatives at MG2 such as our focus on Sustainability, our passion for Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, and our fifty-year anniversary celebration. We promote MG2 culture firmwide and within each of our offices through bi-weekly all-office meals, monthly recognition, happy hours, summer events, and an end of year Holiday Party to celebrate our accomplishments. People make the place at MG2 – Join our growing firm today!
What your day will look like:
- Leads technical development of projects with some oversight
- Manages technical aspects of project delivery
- Owns responsibility for code and constructability issues on project
- Leads others in assembling and coordinating deliverables with limited oversight
- Engages with team in training to reduce identified QC issues
- Manages production team within scope and fee budget set by project manager
- Identifies out of scope items as they arise
- Serves as participating contributor to consultant system selection
- Plays an active role in mentoring and training staff
- Participates in development of project technical specifications as needed
- Performs Construction Administration per requirements of the AIA A201
- Participates in construction costing, scheduling, and phasing
- Leads implementation of sustainable design
- Proactively seeks technical design solutions and explores value engineering options
- Produces documents that meet technical requirements for constructability and code compliance
- Produces sets that are well coordinated, clear, and concise.
- Produces work that supports and improves design intent
- Ensures technical issues in field are minimized
- Advances technical expertise of the studio
- Ensures no technical design related claims are made
- Engages in professional development related to building systems, material selection and life cycle costs
- Participates in industry related trade group(s)
- Demonstrates awareness of risk mitigation
We’re looking for someone who:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s of Architecture
- Minimum 15 years of experience in architecture, interior design or related field
- Demonstrated strength in technical design
- Demonstrated strength in technical design within assigned market
- Maturing, effective people management skills
- Licensed or certified professional
- LEED AP or equivalent
- Well-rounded knowledge base
- Demonstrated strength in defining and developing project documentation
- Demonstrated strength in use and interpretation of building codes
- Demonstrated strength in selection and integration of building systems
- Beginning involvement with external community or professional organization
- Exhibits MG2 Practice Values of Integrated Approach, Design Excellence, Social Responsibility, Leadership, and Results.
MG2 Benefits & Salary
MG2 offers competitive benefits that support our employees in their life and career. This position is eligible for company benefits including but not limited to:
- Employer provided employee healthcare plan and reduced cost premium plans, life insurance, and short and long-term disability coverage
- Paid Time Off, 9 paid Holidays, and an additional Floating Holiday
- Employer sponsored Family Planning Program and employer Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Career Development opportunities
- Employee Wellness and Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401K program including eligible company match percentage, after waiting period
…and many other additional voluntary benefits!
National Salary Ranges:
- Associate 4 (Minimum 8 years of Architecture experience, domestic experience preferred): $78,100 – $134,900
- Associate 5 (Minimum 15 years of Architecture experience, domestic experience preferred): $83,000 – $146,900
If position is eligible for remote status, ranges may be adjusted. Acknowledging the time employees typically spend in the role, compensation is dependent on applicable years of experience and skillset.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out Diverse talent that enrichens our work and our culture. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.