MG2 is seeking a talented Architectural Project Manager to join our Seattle office in our Consumer Experiences Market!
At MG2, we value our employees with great benefits and worthwhile programs. We are proud of the many initiatives at MG2 such as our focus on Sustainability, our passion for Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, and our fifty-year anniversary celebration. We promote MG2 culture firmwide and within each of our offices through bi-weekly all-office meals, monthly recognition, happy hours, summer events, and an end of year Holiday Party to celebrate our accomplishments. People make the place at MG2 – Join our growing firm today!
As our Architectural Project Manager, you will manage the project delivery team against budget and schedule. You will be working in our Consumer Experiences (CX) Market, where you will have the opportunity to work on various types of Retail and Food & Beverage projects that anticipate the needs and lifestyle shifts of evolving users. Every day you will ensure team engagement in the development of project design and delivery, maintain rigor around client and team communications, and manage overall project schedule. To thrive you must have experience in managing specialty retail projects, and a passion for mentoring and training emerging architects.
What your day will look like:
- Manages overall project development with limited support and oversight
- Manages project delivery team against budget and schedule with limited support and
- Supports others in management of project budgets and schedules as needed
- Engages in mentoring and apprenticeship opportunities and encourages learning culture
- Participates in negotiation of additional services as required
- Manages contract fee, scope, and schedule with minimal support and oversight
- Reviews and issues invoices and tracks progress in collections
- Communicates with client in pursuit of collections as required
- Performs Construction Administration per requirements of the AIA A201
- Participates in construction costing, scheduling, and phasing
- Handles Quality Control of project documents with internal team review
- Leads client communication at project level as required
- Experiences continued growth in communication proficiency with leadership team, client,
and project team
- Ensures projects begin with project plan and budget work plan in place
- Ensures team is engaged in development of project design + delivery
- Engages and communicates with client throughout the project
- Maintains consistent rigor around client and team communications
- Achieves budget
- Focuses on team ownership of projects and team dynamics
- Advances project management expertise of the studio
- Ensures no project management related claims are made
We’re looking for someone who:
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in architecture, interior design or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead client communication
- Maturing, effective people management skills
- Demonstrated ability to support and lead others in project design + delivery
- Licensed or certified professional
- LEED AP or equivalent
- Well-rounded knowledge base
- Demonstrated ability to manage intermediate size projects within market
- Demonstrated ability to manage project risk
- Demonstrated ability to manage project scope, fee, and schedule
- Beginning involvement with external community or professional organizations
- Exhibits MG2 Practice Values of Integrated Approach, Design Excellence, Social Responsibility, Leadership, and Results.
MG2 Benefits & Salary
MG2 offers competitive benefits that support our employees in their life and career. This position is eligible for company benefits including but not limited to:
- Employer provided employee healthcare plan and reduced cost premium plans, life insurance, and short and long-term disability coverage
- Paid Time Off, 9 paid Holidays, and an additional Floating Holiday
- Employer sponsored Family Planning Program and employer Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Career Development opportunities
- Employee Wellness and Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401K program including eligible company match percentage, after waiting period
…and many other additional voluntary benefits!
National Salary Ranges:
- Associate 5 (Minimum 15 years of Architecture experience, domestic experience preferred): $83,000 – $146,900
If position is eligible for remote status, ranges may be adjusted. Acknowledging the time employees typically spend in the role, compensation is dependent on applicable years of experience and skillset.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out Diverse talent that enrichens our work and our culture. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.