MG2 is seeking a talented Specifications Writer to join our Seattle office in our Client Programs Market!
At MG2, we value our employees with great benefits and worthwhile programs. We are proud of the many initiatives at MG2 such as our focus on Sustainability, our passion for Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, and our fifty-year anniversary celebration. We promote MG2 culture firmwide and within each of our offices through bi-weekly all-office meals, monthly recognition, happy hours, summer events, and an end of year Holiday Party to celebrate our accomplishments. People make the place at MG2 – Join our growing firm today!
What your day will look like:
- Owns responsibility for overall project specifications, including supporting design intent during project execution, with limited oversight.
- Develops specifications as appropriate for each project phase
- Handles Quality Control of project documents (internal team review)
- Develops, improves and maintains master specifications for cross- market clients
- Supports local and regional offices in material research, selection and specification as well as material conflict issues throughout project phases
- Manages technical aspects of project specifications delivery
- Owns responsibility for code and constructability issues on project as it relates to project specifications
- Owns responsibility for assembling and coordinating specification deliverables with limited oversight
- Owns responsibility for submittal reviews, substitution requests, and information requests, as it relates to project specifications.
- Maintain and build relationship with vendors, suppliers, and product representatives
- Maintain relationship and coordinate with Client National account managers
- May serve as functional manager to team members Implements sustainable design (such as LEED, LBC, CALGreen) in project specifications as required by project.
- ?Minimum of 8 years prior specifications writing experience within a related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, or equivalent
- CSI’s Certification such as CDT (Construction Documents Technology) or CCS (Certified Construction Specifier) or equivalent
- Experience in Multi-family, Mixed-Use, Retail, Industrial and Commercial projects
- Architecture license desirable
- LEED AP or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in coordination of construction materials with vendors and material suppliers
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of architectural project specifications for multiple medium- to large-scale projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated understanding of building codes, building systems, and construction material standards
- Proficient with MS Office and e-SPECS
- Working knowledge of the architectural design and delivery process and construction sequencing and execution
- Working knowledge of complete Construction Documents and integration of specifications
- Exhibits MG2 Practice Values of Integrated Approach, Design Excellence, Social Responsibility, Leadership, and Results.
MG2 Benefits & Salary
MG2 offers competitive benefits that support our employees in their life and career. This position is eligible for company benefits including but not limited to:
- Employer provided employee healthcare plan and reduced cost premium plans, life insurance, and short and long-term disability coverage
- Paid Time Off, 9 paid Holidays, and an additional Floating Holiday
- Employer sponsored Family Planning Program and employer Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Career Development opportunities
- Employee Wellness and Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401K program including eligible company match percentage, after waiting period
…and many other additional voluntary benefits!
No specified closing date; applications accepted until position is filled
National Salary Range:
Minimum 8 years of Architecture experience, domestic experience preferred): $81,000 – $125,000
If position is eligible for remote status, ranges may be adjusted. Acknowledging the time employees typically spend in the role, compensation is dependent on applicable years of experience and skillset.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out Diverse talent that enrichens our work and our culture. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.