MG2 is looking for talented Store Design Lead to join our Seattle, WA office!
As a leader in our Consumer Experiences Market, the Store Senior Designer will lead teams and clients in a variety of project types with a common focus on creating transformative experiences. In this role, the Senior Designer will work in multi-disciplinary teams, leading and soliciting contributions from all levels of expertise. The Senior Designer should inspire design thinking and technical excellence, serving as a role model and leader across MG2 CX and TLG markets.
- Lead experiential retail projects from proposal preparation, concept discovery, concept and design development through CD level documents
- Have a diverse approach to problem solving, merging expertise in brand, architecture, interiors, graphic design, and interior design. Aware of retail business and consumer trends, technology overlays, and innovations within and outside the industry
- Verbally expressing design intention and execution of primary design functions assigned
- Assist in Business Development: Participates in key RFPs and new project pursuits and supports business development across markets.
- Lead project presentations and interactions with clients
- Partners with Project Architect to transition design projects into documentation
- Be an active leader in MG2 Design Culture – Design Leadership Group, Trend Awareness, Design Reviews
- Active in leading in mentoring and developing the team
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in architecture, interior design or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent
- Proficiency in Hand sketching/drawing, SketchUp, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in one or more of Rhino, Vray, Grasshopper, 3DMax
- Revit experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to deliver design solutions
- Licensed or certified professional; or working towards licensure or certification
- Well-rounded knowledge base
- Understanding of material and FF&E pricing
- Understanding of constructability
- Strong understanding of design ordinances
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of construction documentation including specifications
Bonus: Actively pursuing licensure in architecture, NCIDQ certification or LEED AP
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 48 years. We partner with companies around the world to provide emotive design solutions through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our partnerships with our clients and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
For three consecutive years, including 2019, MG2 has been recognized as one of the best 100 companies to work for by Business Magazine. At MG2, you will work together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. MG2 pursues clients who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We care about communities and devote resources to helping them thrive. At MG2 we know that it is our differences that make us stronger. We embrace diversity, welcoming talent from every walk of life. The more diverse our perspectives, the more innovative our design solutions.