MG2 is seeking a talented Architectural Project Manager to join our Washington, D.C. office in our Client Programs Market!
At MG2, we value our employees with great benefits and worthwhile programs. We are proud of the many initiatives at MG2 such as our focus on Sustainability, our passion for Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, and our fifty-year anniversary celebration. We promote MG2 culture firmwide and within each of our offices through bi-weekly all-office meals, monthly recognition, happy hours, summer events, and an end of year Holiday Party to celebrate our accomplishments. People make the place at MG2 – Join our growing firm today!
As our Architectural Project Manager, you will support and direct your teams to deliver excellent project results and project profitability. You will be working in our Client Programs (CP) Market, where you will have the unique opportunity to work on national building programs with a focus on project and client leadership through all phases of design and delivery. Every day you will manage scope, schedule, and fee for your projects, while developing lasting client relationships. To thrive you must have compelling business, management, and design acumen.
What your day will look like:
- Oversee profitability of projects
- Implement processes to ensure successful project delivery
- Overall delivery quality and conformance with project and / or client standards
- Works with Design Principal to guide and manage project team, including consultants
- Assists principals with budget development and project progress updates
- Provide guidance to project staff
- Maintain direct contact with clients
- Possess knowledge of contracts and expectations
- Collaborate and communicate with peers across offices
- Lead the front-end entitlement & due diligence of projects for multiple clients.
- Jurisdictional project presentations.
- Demonstrate confidence & competence, leading the client and project team through the development process.
- Internal & external project team consultant coordination.
- Assist with business development efforts, including initial fee proposal preparation through to contracted work. Contribute to strategic planning and set annual business development goals around new client acquisitions.
- Expand client opportunities and relationships while establishing new relationships with prospective clients.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture
- Architectural licensure preferred
- 8+ years of architectural experience
- Experience with managing project schedules, budgets and client communication
- Experience in front-end entitlement & due diligence for projects
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit preferred
- Ability to travel, up to 30% of the time
- Professional licensure preferred
- Proven ability to lead the client – client-facing
- A persistent problem-solver with a value-added practice approach
- Ability to serve as a positive influencer who inspires and motivates the team
- Compelling business, management & design acumen
- Portfolio of recent built work and projects.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with an ability to generate new business
- Exhibits MG2 Practice Values of Integrated Approach, Design Excellence, Social Responsibility, Leadership, and Results.
MG2 Benefits & Salary
MG2 offers competitive benefits that support our employees in their life and career. This position is eligible for company benefits including but not limited to:
- Employer provided employee healthcare plan and reduced cost premium plans, life insurance, and short and long-term disability coverage
- Paid Time Off, 9 paid Holidays, and an additional Floating Holiday
- Employer sponsored Family Planning Program and employer Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Career Development opportunities
- Employee Wellness and Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401K program including eligible company match percentage, after waiting period
…and many other additional voluntary benefits!
National Salary Ranges:
- Associate 5 (Minimum 15 years of Architecture experience, domestic experience preferred): $83,000 – $146,900
- Senior Associate 1 (Minimum 20 years of Architecture experience, domestic experience preferred): $97,700 – $158,800
If position is eligible for remote status, ranges may be adjusted. Acknowledging the time employees typically spend in the role, compensation is dependent on applicable years of experience and skillset.
Continually recognized as one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” by Business Magazine, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner with some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands to bring exceptional design solutions to life through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek out Diverse talent that enrichens our work and our culture. Our differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and idea not only makes us stronger but are absolutely essential to designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences and spaces for everyone.