MG2 is looking for talented Estimator to join our Seattle, WA office!
- Prepare conceptual and schematic estimates, emphasis on pre-construction
- Review drawings, reports and perform site investigations
- Coordinate collecting information from consultants required to prepare estimates
- Perform detailed quantity surveys
- Verify pricing on materials and labor
- Provide value engineering solutions
- Work with and negotiate cost with general contractors on budgets
- Evaluate bids and change order proposals
- Perform bid negotiations to reconcile bids to initial budgets
- Review and negotiate change orders
- Prepare cost comparisons, proposals and market trend analysis for clients quarterly
- Develop and maintain cost databases
- Interface with clients, project managers and consultants
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management
- 5+ years of estimating experience in commercial projects
- Knowledgeable with current labor and material prices in the construction industry
- Can prepare conceptual and schematic estimates, focus on pre-construction
- Must be familiar with and able to perform detailed takeoffs for all CSI divisions
- Proficient with using Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Experience with using onscreen takeoffs
- Experience with using earthwork software and WinEst a plus but not required
- Must be able to multitask and handle working on multiple projects at a time
- Must be self-motivated, have a good work ethic, and be able to work with others
- Able to review, understand and summarize information from geotech and ESA reports
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 48 years. We partner with companies around the world to provide emotive design solutions through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our partnerships with our clients and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.
For three consecutive years, including 2019, MG2 has been recognized as one of the best 100 companies to work for by Business Magazine. At MG2, you will work together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. MG2 pursues clients who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results.
We care about communities and devote resources to helping them thrive. At MG2 we know that it is our differences that make us stronger. We embrace diversity, welcoming talent from every walk of life. The more diverse our perspectives, the more innovative our design solutions.